Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Cutting Metal

There was once an unused lamp. This lamp sat in my closet for many months, ever holding the hope that someday it would be pulled out and have it's socket used once again. Today I pulled out this lamp and decided to put its socket, and just its socket, back to use. I removed the clamp it had for a base and as many nuts that could be unscrewed I did so, but that action resulted in nothing but a heavily ornamented cord -which is most undesirable. Showing the predicament to my dad he said, "I have just the tool." 
Pretty soon, washers, nuts, and cuffs were broken free from the long cord. I was then able to hang the socket from my ceiling for some enjoyable lighting ...and "Lampy" has electricity flowing through its lines once again!


No comments:

Post a Comment