Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Dim Lights and Clouds

Now I will admit, January 3rd there was no photo taken, but a photo was planned. That plan was followed through the next night; last night. So here is the third of the photo-a-day challenge.
Now I recognize that the word "again" implies monotonous repetition, but that is not how I have felt about the clouds. it is just that on the night of the 3rd I was partially expecting stars to be in the sky as the two or three nights before.



This photo for the was far more challenging that could be guessed by its appearance. Firstly, this photo was taken at midnight; too dark for my camera to focus without help. I was able to focus the camera by placing my cell phone on a fence 2x4 and running back to my camera and focusing on the phone before the screen timed out. Secondly, I left my tripod mount in my room and had to balance the camera atop the tripod for a 30 second exposure using wood chips.


I shall post the photo for today, the 5th, later this afternoon or evening. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment